Gobierno Barbados | Occidental Bank Barbados
- Independent country from the United Kingdom as of November 30, 1966.
- Country with social, economic and political stability, with parliamentary democracy tradition since 1941
- Makes part of the CommonWealth, recognizing Queen Elizabeth as Head of State and represented by a General Governor.
- The Parliament is a two-chamber legislature comprised of one Electoral Assembly and one Senate.
- The Prime Minister is appointed by the General Governor and is a member of the Assembly.
- Source: Ministry of Finance of Barbados.