Economía Barbados | Occidental Bank Barbados
- The economy of Barbados became diversified during the last four decades, changing from agriculture to services, in particular tourism, international business and financial services.
- The economy is driven by the private sector, supported by the Government which provides social services and physical infrastructure.
- Success in economic diversification in Barbados has allowed the same to achieve a relatively high GDP per capita compared to the remaining countries of the Caribbean Region (US$13.235).
- Tourism, international business, financial services and manufacturing constitute the main income sources in Barbados.
- Barbados has a well-developed financial sector comprised of banks and financial brokers well recognized at the international level.
- Source: Ministry of Finance of Barbados.